Using your ATM/debit card is the simple, hassle-free way to get cash, make deposits, check account balances, transfer funds, make purchases and more. There are some things you must do, though, to make your ATM/debit card secure. Here are some tips:
- Treat your card like cash. Always keep it in a safe place.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) number a secret, and never write it on your card or store it with your card.
- Do not disclose information about your card over the phone. No one needs to know your PIN, not even AnchorBank.
- Do not expose your card's magnetic strip to magnetic objects. It may damage your card.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once. This will reduce the chance that it will be used improperly.
- Review your account statements. Report any errors as soon as possible.